About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Lockdown Journal - Day 31

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Sunday, Day 31:

Time is a universal given. It is the context within which we all must live and work. No one is given more time than another, and no one is given less. Before the lockdown, I was used to partitioning my time in order to strike a balance between work, studies and hobbies.

The lockdown has made things ridiculously easy. No more rationing; suddenly, I had enough time on my hands. I even had enough time to write this 31-day journal. It is also my last journal entry.

I’m going to compile my thirty-one days’ entries and write a book about my experiences in lockdown. Not only will it account for my time spent in isolation but also the level of my productivity during the lockdown.

To say the COVID-19 pandemic has uprooted our lives is an understatement. One can barely fall asleep because our patterns are all over the place. We’re concerned about the economy, our work, our children, family, the future... Call it uncertainty and fear. The only thing that can make us sleep well is trust. Proverbs 3:24 says, “When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.” I am sure we can’t wait for that time to come.

Let us take heart in the fact that according to 2 Chronicles 16:9, "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.”

During the lockdown, many women, men and children are stuck at home with their abusers. The number of cases reported since the beginning of the lockdown is scary. The right thing to do is to help someone who needs our help. Call the Stop Gender-Based Violence Helpline on 0800 150 150.

#SocialDistancing
#LockdownJournal
#LockdownSouthAfrica
#COVID19

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...