About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Friday, April 10, 2020

LOCKDOWN JOURNAL - DAY 15

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Friday, Day 15:

Today is day 15 of #LockdownSA2020. In a post lockdown era, I will never look at face masks and gloves the same way again. I will always be reminded of the coronavirus pandemic and what it meant to the world. Likewise have the images of the cross and a crown of thorns evoked images of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ for thousands of years after the Good Friday event.

To say it is Good Friday is oxymoronic; two words of contradictory meaning used together for a special day. Why do we call Good Friday “good”? Isn’t Good Friday a dark and bleak event commemorating the death of Jesus? Yes, but it’s "good" because Jesus suffered and died for our sins but was raised to life on the third day. As terrible as it was, it marks the conclusion of God’s plan to sacrifice His Son to save us from our sins.

Two phrases, “It is done” and “It is finished,'' were spoken by Jesus. It declared that the foundation of the temple of the redeemed had been laid and that the glorious structure had been completed. I’m sure that we all are waiting for the announced that the curve has been flattened and that the coronavirus has been defeated. When that day comes, we will echo the lyrics of the Hillsong Worship song “Shout unto God”:

“The enemy has been defeated
Death couldn't hold You down
We're gonna lift our voice in victory
We're gonna make Your praises loud.”

#LockdownJournal
#COVID19SouthAfrica
#21DayLockdownSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...