About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

LOCKDOWN JOURNAL - DAY 13

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Wednesday, Day 13:

Today is day 13 of #LockdownSA2020. I woke up this morning thankful for the good things, big and small, in my life. I am especially grateful for wisdom. Seldom is it a product of speedy deliberation. Wisdom takes time, but I hope it comes quickly for a certain minister in our government. Let me first share this quote before I continue. I love the quote, “Ego is the anaesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.” It applies to beleaguered Communications Minister, Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams. She needs to read this quote and then take a long, hard look at herself. Why? Because a social media post went viral showing her having lunch at a friend’s house during the national lockdown.

South Africans have become used to senior government officials behaving with impunity. They are supposed to be exemplary by sending a clear message about social distancing. It is a slap in the face of millions of South Africans heeding the call to stay at home. This morning the news came that the president has placed the minister on special leave for two months, of which one month will be unpaid. Let it be a warning to senior officials thinking of ignoring the lockdown regulations.

We are living in a time of unimaginable frustration because less gets done. However, let us focus on getting the right things done. It appears the government are doing a few things right. Yesterday we received good news that spaza shops and informal traders can operate under lockdown. Expectant mothers and mothers of new-born babies also received the good news that baby shops can trade during the lockdown period.

I hope to do some physical exercises today. There are hundreds of exercise programmes to choose from on websites and popular social media platforms. Those not in the mood can exercise their brains by downloading games on their mobile devices.

For some spiritual exercises, I recommend 1 Timothy 4:8 (GNT), “Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is valuable in every way because it promises life both for the present and for the future.”

World COVID-19 count:
1,447,466 Infections - 308,215 Recoveries - 83,471 Deaths.

#LockdownJournal
#COVID19SouthAfrica
#21DayLockdownSA


No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...