About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Thursday, April 2, 2020

MY LOCKDOWN JOURNAL - DAY 3

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Sunday, Day 3:

Today is #day3 and it’s a Sunday. Most of us will be “attending’ church online. We will join a “Prayers of Blessings over Families” church service via YouTube due to social distancing rules imposed on the country's citizens.

Yesterday we saw countless videos of citizens clashing with the police and army. We need to accept the fact that lockdown regulations are crucial to saving lives. These are anxious times but as the scripture in Psalm 37:1-2 (NIV) says, “Do not fret because of those who are evil, or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.” We hope and pray that this Coronavirus (COVID-19) will die soon, and very soon.

When you read the newspapers long enough, you begin to pick up on news patterns from around the world. Most of the news was just news to us until a deadly virus in Wuhan, China became a ‘thing’ we ought to take notice of. Today I am writing from my own lockdown home-office because the Coronavirus is threatening our lives.

A friend messaged me about his concerns about not being able to complete his post-graduate education this year. On the bright side the Minister of Higher Education, Blade Nzimande told the media that they have done all they can to ensure that students are able to get their materials and get online. He stated that Higher Education also cannot afford to lose an entire academic year.

In closing, if you are a healthcare worker, first responder, social worker, counsellor, retail employee, soldier, police officer, or anyone out in the frontlines: Thank you for keeping us safe and out of harm’s way! I hope you are well, taking care of yourselves, and finding a way to connect with people you care about.

If you are bored or looking for something to do, I highly recommend some of you do online courses which are free. It will help your CV to stand out. Also, have a look at Google certifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...