About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Lockdown Journal - Day 26

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Tuesday, Day 26:

Have you noticed the increasing number of irresponsible posts by people demanding the lockdown to end? The government is accused of lies etc. Really? Welcome to the new normal; we are in uncertain times. The whole world (including third world countries) are dealing with a pandemic that nobody understands. Many things have been feeling upside-down lately. All economies are affected, some admittedly more adverse than others.

We as South Africans have weathered many storms (apartheid, being the tsunami), but we have survived. Yes, we are all in uncharted territory. The current format of the full lockdown will be eased soon to resuscitate our ailing economy. However, we cannot expect the floodgates to be opened and then suffer a resurgence of the virus.

I do have questions for those demanding an immediate lifting of the lockdown:
“Rest at home” or “Rest in peace”
“6 feet away” or “6 feet under”

During the lockdown, many women, men and children are stuck at home with their abusers. There is no excuse for abuse during or after lockdown. The bravest thing you and I can do is to help someone who needs help or is asking for help. Call the Stop Gender-Based Violence Helpline on 0800 150 150.

#StayAtHome
#SaferTogether
#SocialDistancing
#LockdownJournal
#LockdownSouthAfrica
#COVID19

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...