About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Lockdown Journal - Day 19

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Tuesday, Day 19:

Nowadays thousands of South Africans leave their homes to deliver essential services to millions in lockdown. Armed with hand sanitisers, gloves, masks, and wet wipes, they leave their families behind to defend a nation against an invisible enemy.

Unfortunately, there is a visible enemy left behind at home called, abuse. During the lockdown, many South Africans (women, men and children) are stuck at home with their abusers. According to the Gender-Based Violence Command Centre, more than 2 300 gender-based violence complaints were registered in the first five days of lockdown. One can only imagine how high the figures are by now.

I pray that the abusers acknowledge the trauma they are putting their loved ones through. I pray that they learn to detest their own behaviour and come to true repentance. I pray that God keep us all safe in our relationships. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

#LockdownJournal
#COVID19SouthAfrica
#LockdownSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...