About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Monday, April 13, 2020

Lockdown Journal - Day 18

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Monday, Day 18:

I can think of a few people who taught me an important principle when I was still in my youth. They all said the same thing, “React only to facts. Don’t respond to assumptions and emotions.” This is a valuable principle when it comes to relationships and life in general.

Social media is probably the single most dangerous communication tool currently in use. Many smart people have fallen for dangerous lies about the new coronavirus. At worst, the ideas themselves are harmful because people have died from drinking chemicals in the belief that it will cure them. During this trying time, I advise anyone to stick to the facts. Make sure the information (mostly gossip or fake news) is correct by verifying it. This will stop you from overreacting and spreading the news further and farther into the world. Remember that technology has turned this world into one global village. Fake news can be spread faster than the coronavirus.

Keep seeking the truth no matter what your circumstances. Stick to your faith; remain immovable and unshakable. God constantly declares that He wants only what is best for us. I love the truth proclaimed in Jeremiah 29:11-13, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

#LockdownJournal
#COVID19SouthAfrica
#LockdownSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...