About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Thursday, April 2, 2020

MY LOCKDOWN JOURNAL - DAY 5

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Tuesday, Day 5:

Today is #day5 of the mandatory COVID-19 lockdown. Good news! Last night President Cyril Ramaphosa vowed on national television that the country's downgrade by Moody's to junk status will not derail efforts to fight the coronavirus. It, however, doesn’t stop self-isolation really messing with your head. But South Africa is no stranger to adversity, or to its people joining hands to overcome this crisis. We will prevail be it through prayer, going online for distraction, or engaging in offline activities for the whole family, and enjoying wholesome meals.

I shook my head watching the news and witnessing the irony in the social distancing regulation. We as South Africans would (especially as a rainbow nation) stand shoulder to shoulder through trying times but are now told (Elderly Sassa recipients) to maintain a 1,5-metre distance.

Here is another great idea for lockdown; one of my activities – journaling. It’s always nice to sit down at the end of a day and reflect. What did I do today? What did I learn? What am I going to do tomorrow? Answering those questions could be the best time you’ll spend every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...