About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Thursday, April 2, 2020

MY LOCKDOWN JOURNAL - DAY 6

My Lockdown Journal 2020 – Wednesday, Day 6:

Today is #Day6OfLockdown and we are indeed living in a very interesting time. One cannot emphasise enough how the COVID-19 lockdown has changed the world and life in it. Now that we're on lockdown, it’s understandable that some of us will start to miss loved ones who have passed away, or those not living with us anymore. The world has really come to a standstill for us all. Embrace these poignant moments; embrace it.

One of the best poems I have read recently is from Gordana Biernat (@MyPowertalk on Twitter). What an honour to say she follows me (name-dropping) on Twitter! Gordana is a writer, speaker, and an Oprah's #SuperSoul100 Teacher. Her purpose is to help people realise how powerful and unique we all truly are.

Here is her poem:

We can’t always choose
the circumstances in our life.
My entire childhood
was about dodging fear.
The freedom lies in knowing
that we (as adults) always have a choice in how we react to the circumstances.
My past taught me how to find light
in the darkest of places.
(Gordana Biernat)

I find this poem to be so relevant during this trying time. As adults, we always have a choice in how we react to the circumstances around us. The current lockdown is no different. But what do we do when we don’t have a choice? I live by a principle that I choose my battles. However, this time the battle chose me; the battle to flatten the coronavirus curve. The virus could show up at our doorsteps, and yet we’ll never really know it’s there since it is invisible and silent. There is one big plus for us in this trying time: The lockdown saves lives. If we remain at home under lockdown, we are fighting the battle against the coronavirus. We will prevail!
I conclude with 2 Chronicles 20:17 (NIV): “You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you...”

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...