About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Saturday, May 2, 2020

My Lockdown Journal - Our "Arab Spring"

My lockdown journal:

The coronavirus has become our 9/11 and our Arab Spring. The coronavirus has changed civilisation; it changed our imaginations. It’s a historic period because mankind will in future (now already) refer to a pre-coronavirus and a post-coronavirus period.

We’ll look at sci-fi movies and acknowledge that the unthinkable can become possible within a matter of days. Science fiction before coronavirus was just that, “fiction”!

The world is concerned with maintaining some sort of normalcy but the truth is that we’ve been swallowed up in the abyss of a pandemic that even medical scientists don’t understand. As a species, we have become disconnected from each other and from ourselves. However, while we’re trying to stay afloat, it would seem that the pandemic has brought civilisation closer together. We’re in a battle for survival. Let’s stay together!

#LockdownSouthAfrica
#LockdownJournal
#COVID19

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...