About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Friday, March 20, 2015

INSPIRATION FOR WRITING

No matter how much you love writing, there will always be days when you need inspiration. Inspiration is not just a desirable thing, it’s an integral part of the writing process. Every writer needs to find inspiration in order to produce inspired writing. And sometimes, it can come from the unlikeliest sources.


I highly recommend journal writing for any writer. It doesn’t have to be fancy, or something you write in every day. Once or twice a week is okay. Using a plain notebook will do, although a nice journal can be motivating. Write down thoughts, inspirations, quotes, pieces of good writing, plot ideas and new characters. Then go back to this journal when you need ideas or inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...