About Me

My photo
Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Monday, March 23, 2015

DANCING WITH KATRINA (POEM)

dancing with katrina
  
when the cloud fist marched forth from the sea
and closed in around orleans
sky and cnn’s cameras followed
the tidal waves through the streets
of a pre-earth marshland

you started to plunder and rape
your values exposed to the bone
because everywhere you carry with you
a seed of hate and death

will it ever get through to you
what an urgent message I want to bring to you?

humanity, will you ever learn to respect me?

look, I am the great equalizer –
mother nature is my name.

  
© 2015 Selwyn Milborrow


As published in Sharp magazine – Arts &Culture Faculty, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

My childhood days during the Christmas season on my grandparents' farm in Alexandria

 Whenever I hear a song or experience the smell of farm food, it feels like I’m being transported back to my childhood days on a farmhouse i...